In 1792, a young Scot by the name of Peter Robertson opened a smithy in Gothenburg, Sweden. Sixty years later David Robertson's Engineering was started.
On 16th June 1897, Rudolf Diesel unveiled his new engine, and two years later, in 1899, David Robertson's Engineering became the first factory in the world to specialize in piston rings when it took out a patent for its automatic hammering machine for tensioned piston rings.
At the end of 1999, 100 years later, Daros Piston Rings opened its new purpose-built factory in Mölnlycke, Sweden manufacturing 2-stroke piston rings for marine engines and power plants. The state of the art factory has the latest technology in processes for cast iron manufacturing, advanced machining and thermal spraying. Every process required in piston ring manufacturing, from raw materials to finished products, is located in the same factory. This enables Daros Piston Rings to deliver high quality products with short lead times at competitive prices for all our customers.